Southern Illinois University School of Medicine is currently recruiting Raynaud’s patients to participate in a clinical trial of BOTOX® therapy for chronic pain and ulcerations. This is a 28-day randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial requiring travel to the clinic in Springfield, Illinois.
While the study treatment medication is free, office visit fees will be billed to each patient’s third party insurance carrier. Patients are responsible for all co-pays, deductibles and any amounts not covered by their insurance company, along with related travel costs.
Screening criteria includes:
- Male or Female, aged 18-75.
- Diagnosed with Raynaud’s disease/phenomenon.
- Has had or is willing/able to get an angiogram of the hand, demonstrating digit ischemia not due to peripheral artery disease or other vascular disease.
- Up-to-date Tetanus immunization.
- Ability to return/be available for follow-up evaluations.
- Willingness to give informed consent.
Both primary and secondary Raynaud’s patients will be accepted.