This lack of awareness is our biggest challenge, and many of our recent efforts have been focused on reaching out to the large numbers of sufferers who need to know the source of their pain.
Here’s a summary of our more recent initiatives:
- Raynaud’s Awareness Month – The first official Raynaud’s Awareness event in the United States took place this past October. Our syndicated press release announcing the event was posted at 207 media outlets representing a total potential audience of over 170 million readers. The release included a link to our educational video, along with an infographic on Raynaud’s (see below). The combined content received an engagement score of 100 – a top 1% rating – compared to similar industry releases (50 = average).
- Public Service Announcements – Both 30 and 60-second public service announcements were distributed to television stations across the country. The spots have generated over 221 million impressions and attracted nearly $4 million in donated media value to date. Exposure includes the highly-selective CNN Airport Network in 51 airports nationwide. Our campaign was chosen to run for two separate flights – it’s rare that they select PSA’s to run more than once a year.
- Educational Video – A three-and- half-minute educational video is now hosted on YouTube, posted on the organization’s web site and Facebook, and was distributed along with our press release to promote Raynaud’s Awareness Month. Social media posts announcing the video achieved nearly 85,000 impressions. Facebook has generated just under 17,000 views, plus an additional 3,770 on YouTube.
- Raynaud’s Infographic – We worked with the marketing team at HeatMax, manufacturer of Grabber and HotHands warmer products, to create a visual representation of Raynaud’s titled “Hot Facts About Raynaud’s.” It graphically includes statistics, attack triggers, categories of Raynaud’s, symptoms, specialists to consult, plus treatment/lifestyle suggestions. The infographic has received nearly 1,200 pageviews on our web site, plus was viewed 3,500 times in conjunction with our press release.
- Raynaud’s Guide – Our 35-page guide received over 11,000 impressions on Facebook and has generated more than 6,000 on-site page views announcing and describing the guide. Digital copies have been downloaded and shared over 1,200 times, largely in response to the video. Hundreds of printed copies have been distributed this past year.
By simply learning that the reason for their discomfort associated with Raynaud’s is medically-induced, and that millions of other people also have this condition, sufferers will have the relief of knowing that they are not alone.
We’re encouraged by the tremendous media response to our message, but to keep up our efforts, your donation is crucial. Your funds will help us expand our current grassroots awareness program into a force that reaches those who are yet undiagnosed, those who need support and treatment, and those who will help us give Raynaud’s disease the attention it warrants.
Please donate now. Click to make a donation by credit card via PayPal. If you’re on a mobile device, Text SHIVERS to 64600 (our short code), or just click this link for secure mobile donations. To send a check, please make it out to the Raynaud’s Association to:
11 Topstone Road
Redding, CT 06896
Your support can help enhance the lives of millions of sufferers, and we’ll really appreciate your support!