These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Red freckles?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/09/2007 08:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/09/2007 08:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
geowoman

Do any of you that have Raynaud's plus an autoimmune illness have tiny, red pin prick size spots almost like freckles on your body? The reason I'm asking this is at the time I noticed the Raynaud's, I also noticed some tiny, red spots on one of my arms. I now have them on both arms and my chest. These are not blood spots, but tiny red flecks. You really have to look to see them. I have looked up what could be the cause of these and some say auto immune, some say liver problems, some say they are just cherry anginomas or a kind of mole thing. I do have a couple of those cherry moles, but these are even tinier and flat on the skin. Thanks.
 06/10/2007 11:22 AM

Author Icon
Judith

Hi Geowoman. The red spots you are describing could obviously be many things so my recommendation would be to see your rheumatologist or dermatologist for an evaluation ... or to take photographs of the spots just in case they decide to disappear before your next appointment. In the meantime you might go to www.sclero.org and look up "telangiectasia" to see if your spots match this fairly common symptom of systemic sclerosis. Telangiectasia typically appear on the face but can show up on other parts of the body as well.

-------------------------
Judith
Secondary Raynaud's with underlying systemic sclerosis
 06/10/2007 11:53 AM

Author Icon
suewatters1

Judith I went to the link you gave Geowoman and the picture I found was small a bit for me but it look liked a blotchy red and white hand. I know sometimes my hands are blotchy especially when they hurt and I put them under cool warm water they look like I have some kind of disease because of the red and white blotches.

I can't for the result of my doppler ultrasound.

Sue

suewatters1 with Raynaud's and CIDP and ADHD and hearing loss in left ear. Tested positive for the HLA-B27 gene.

Edited: 06/10/2007 at 11:54 AM by suewatters1
 06/10/2007 08:55 PM

Author Icon
Judith

Sue, I agree that the picture isn't great. After reading your post, I did a Google search on the words "telangiectasia photo" and I found a few other pictures but they're all pretty poor quality. Several members of my scleroderma support group have telangiectasias on their cheeks, and they look just like red freckles. I didn't think I had them until recently when a dermatologist looked at my face and said I do. What I have looks like little red squiggles ... just visible blood vessels. Like you, I get blotchy skin but mostly on my legs. I'm not sure what the blotches are. These symptoms can drive you crazy!

I hope you get some solid answers from your doppler ultrasound.

Judith
Secondary Raynaud's with underlying systemic sclerosis
 06/10/2007 09:37 PM

Author Icon
suewatters1

Thanks Judith.
Was it you or another member that mentioned a website with a lots of pictures at dermnetnz.org? I went there again and found seborrhoeic dermatitis like an eczema and wow 2 of the pictures and the description and malassezia folliculitis some of the pictures and description to match with what I see on my body. I find that website you see so many pictures and literature on the topics that is interesting.

Sue

suewatters1 with Raynaud's and CIDP and ADHD and hearing loss in left ear. Tested positive for the HLA-B27 gene.
 06/19/2007 02:10 PM

Author Icon
luvbnmom3

I have those, they've become more prevalent over the last month or so. I have them on both arms (top & bottom side) my chest & my thighs. I also have a few cherry angiomas, but I refer to the other dots as definit pink or red flecks that are flat with my skin, can't feel them at all. I don't know what they are but I noticed them when I started getting peteciae on my toes, I started looking for anything else on me else where that was similar.

<BR>Secondary Raynaud's
Statistics
62362 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 601 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 601 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.