These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: WHITE TOES!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/07/2008 07:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2008 07:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aetfsu

Okay so I always have had cold hands and feet, but I do not experience Raynauds in my hands... EVER. Only in 3-3 or my toes on both feet, but sometimes only on my right side. Sometimes im not even that cold, or I dont feel like I am. I know its because the core tempurature begins to drop, but what if I dont feel like I am that cold. It is extremely uncomfortable, and Mine only turn WHITE, until I have to almost "milk" my toes to get the blood to flow back to them. Any advice???
 12/08/2008 08:32 AM

Author Icon
Sarah

Hi aetfsu,
Since there are diseases that can cause circulation problems in the legs which can cause white toes I would definitely bring this to the attention of your doctor to be sure that these diseases have been ruled out.

Raynaud's in just the toes but not the fingers is not the typical presentation of Raynaud's. The fingers are the most common place for a Raynaud's attack. But as you can see from reading this forum everyone is different.

-------------------------
Secondary Raynaud's with a connective tissue disease
 12/08/2008 12:12 PM

Author Icon
Rachel

Raynauds attacks can be triggered by other things, not just cold. Specifically they name stress, but I've had attacks for no particular reason at all. Probably the toes that turn white are cold, even if the rest of you is not. When I was a kid, I could have white toes (3rd & 4th ones) even on beautiful, 80 degree days.
1) warm your feet up by soaking them in warm water
2) discuss this with your doctor
Hope this helps
+Rachel
 12/10/2008 01:08 AM

Author Icon
betsys2003

Hey, I have the exact same situation!

My toes (usually one or two of the middle three) just turn white. All of a sudden, usually. And I don't go through the rest of the colors either, it just eventually turns back to normal. Warming it up, "milking" it, as you say, and sometimes just breathing very deeply and imagining all that oxygen getting to my toe (I know, sounds dumb, but it sometimes aids the warming) helps.

And yeah, it's incredibly uncomfortable. I often get them going to taekwondo class, because it's at night and it's cold outside on the way, and then I'm always worried if I can't get it to go back to normal before class starts. I'm afraid I'll hurt myself if I can't feel it - also, moving around is painful when they are white.

I think I'm going to go to a doctor though, because I was just reading about how presentation in ONLY feet or ONLY hands is a more common symptom of secondary than primary. I hadn't been concerned because mine seems pretty harmless compared to some of the stuff people here talk about, but if it could be a sign of an underlying problem...
Statistics
61371 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 1249 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1249 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.