These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Peripheral Neuropathy
Topic Summary: twitching and tingling
Created On: 06/05/2009 06:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/05/2009 06:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kabs4

My husband has been experiencing numbness in one of his middle fingers (at the tip) and finger twitching in random fingers. He also has been noticing an occasional "foot slap" and/or experiencing the sensation that if he takes a step he will fall down. He seems to think this problem might be related to stress from running. Perhaps, but I'm thinking all things considered, probably not.

It's very sporadic, and he is still running 20 miles/week or more so it's not interferring with his life too much. No aches, or arthralgias.

He definitely has very poor circulation in his feet and toes and seems to be exhibiting peripheral neuropathy symptoms.

Unfortunately he forgot to mention this at his rheumatology appointment last week. Can anyone speak to the finger twitching or the feet?

Kim (husband Raynaud's)
 06/05/2009 10:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sarah

Hi Kim, I am sorry that your husband is experiencing the above mentioned symptoms.

Peripheral neuropathy can be caused by many things as this Mayo Clinic article points out
http://www.mayoclinic.com/heal...S00131/DSECTION=causes . This article mentions that if peripheral neuropathy is not associated with diabetes the cause may never be found.

I hope your husband's doctor can find a cause and treatment. I was once given Lyrica for leg pain which finally went away but no cause was ever found.

-------------------------
Secondary Raynaud's with a connective tissue disease
Statistics
58600 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 1134 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1134 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.