These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Cool environments leading to lethargy?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/19/2009 12:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2009 12:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CassandraLz

Hi all,

Last winter when I was officially diagnosed with Raynauds, I had several discussions with my rhumatologist about my general exhaustion level, possible causes etc. Her only comment at the end of the deal was that whatever underlying autoimmune issue I likely have brewing is probably causing that problem as well.

When the summer finally hit I noticed I actually had sustainable energy for the first time in I don't know how long. I was so excited!! And now that it's gotten cooler... I am noticing that the longer I have to stay in a cool environment (like my STILL air conditioned office building), the more absolutely shot I am by the time I get home at the end of the day.

I'm looking to hear from anybody with energy level problems - do you notice a correlation to dealing with the cold like that? This is the first I've noticed really direct evidence that the two are related to that degree, and I'm wondering what other's experiences are.

Thanks!!

~ Cassie
 09/22/2009 12:02 PM

Author Icon
ceafalg

HIYA
ACTUALLY I JUST SAW MY RHEUMY YESTERDAY WITH THAT SAME ISSUE!! THE ANSWER I RECEIVED WAS THAT SINCE RAYNAUDS IS A SYSTEMIC ISSUE IT CAN AND DOES AFFECT THE WHOLE BODY, AND CAN BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LETHARGY AND MUSCLE CRAMPS AND STUFF. BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS CONTROL THE RAYNAUDS IF U ARE ON MEDS. HOPE THIS HELPS...
 09/22/2009 01:29 PM

Author Icon
ireneo

I just figured it was the dreary weather that made me sluggish all winter long. It's true though, if I'm cold, I feel like I want to curl up and hibernate. Now that it's summer, I've been running all over the place and getting much more done. Today will be 93 and so far I've cleaned the house, scrubbed windows inside and out and will run out to do errands. And it's just a little past 10:00. I wonder if keeping the house warmer in the winter would help. But the cost of heating the home. . . . ouch.
 09/28/2009 10:19 PM

Author Icon
wjhauber

Fatigue is a very common symptom in many diseases. I've been reading about arthritis, connective tissue diseases like Sjogrens and lupus, neuropathy and much more recently. If you have some underlying condition causing your Raynaud's, fatigue can be related to it. Your rheumy is right on target.

I've got mild Raynaud's, mild neuropathy, mild arthritis and psoriasis. All of them are supposed to make you fatigued. None of these conditions are causing me too much trouble but I always seem to have mild fatigue. It is probably related to the these conditions. Sometimes I wonder if the condition itself causes the fatigue or if the fatigue could be related to waking many times each night.

I'll bet everyone on this list would agree with you that we love summer. Mine was great. I am dreading winter and all of the things I will need to do to stay warm.

-------------------------
Wayne

primary raynauds diagnosed in Jan 2007

Edited: 09/28/2009 at 10:38 PM by wjhauber
 10/12/2009 05:18 PM

Author Icon
vampyhands

I find I get more fatigued in the cold weather, as well. Part of it, I think, is the shorter daylight hours (I like the sun!). The rest I attribute to my body working so hard to warm me up (futile effort, body) that I'm just tired halfway through the day!

P.S.: I noticed a little while ago that I'm starting to get chilblains on my fingers ALREADY. Isn't October a little early to be getting symptoms?? *rolls eyes at weather*
Statistics
61981 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 1249 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1249 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.