These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ehlers danlos
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/31/2009 12:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/31/2009 12:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
johngalt

Does anyone else have this with Raynauds?

Both seem to be getting worse these days. Is it normal for the symptoms to get worse as we age? Thanks.
 12/31/2009 02:40 AM

Author Icon
Karen

Hello, johngalt, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I also have EDS and, yes, my symptoms do worsen from one year to the next, as some connective-tissue disorders do. Just the aging process in its self adds its own discomfort on top of everything too.

Please check out our various categories and hopefully they'll prove to be of some benefit to you in dealing with your Raynaud's phenomenon.

Keep us posted and ask any questions that you may have.

Karen

-------------------------
I will persevere & live strong.

Secondary Raynaud's to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
 01/01/2010 01:47 AM

Author Icon
johngalt

Thanks Karen

I've been reading a lot of posts on this site and the Ehlers Danlos site referencing pain managment. Is this going to end up being as painful as I fear, or am I worrying too much about this? (Right now ibuprofen, tylenol and a beer or two seem to take care of things).
 01/01/2010 11:48 AM

Author Icon
Karen

I'm glad you're reading our site's information as it can only help to increase your awareness of Raynaud's phenomenon. With regards to the amount of pain you'll feel, to be honest, to me, pain is relative. You have an underlying connective-tissue disorder (EDS) which makes the Raynaud's secondary, instead of primary, and your symptoms will be more intensified or exaggerated as a result. And, stress can bring on an attack so, if possible, try to remain calm and don't panic as you educate yourself about your disorders.

Unfortunately, neither conditions are curable so we must manage them as best as we can, along with the advise and care of our doctors, preferably being rheumatologists. Maybe you have a geneticist, I don't know, but rheumatology is the specialty for the management of Raynaud's phenomenon.

If pain starts to become an issue that interfers with your well-being, then it would be time to consult your doctor. Otherwise, read all that you can here, about Raynaud's, and other resources that come up when you use Good Search ( a search engine that will donate a percentage to the charity of your choice, hopefully it'll be "The Raynaud's Association"!) as well as the EDNF's site for information on your main disorder (and, I believe they have a discussion board also).

Feel free to ask us any questions you have about Raynaud's and we'll try our best to find you answers, if there are any.

Karen

-------------------------
I will persevere & live strong.

Secondary Raynaud's to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
Statistics
62901 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 830 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 830 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.