These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Purple feet
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/14/2010 04:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/14/2010 04:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lorgirl

Hi

Newbie here. I have been diagnosed with Raynauds. Most likely secondary, yet no other symptoms as of yet of anything else.

When I first noticed I had this, my fingertips on one hand felt numb due to being very cold. Since I started paying attention to this, my hands (mainly fingers) on occasion will turn reddish and sometimes a little purple.

The problem I seem to be having is more in my feet and is making me wonder if it is really Raynauds in my feet or something different. My whole foot tends to go purple even when I am not very cold. Plus, it is usually only when I'm sitting. I was sitting at work today at my computer and both feet were purple. When I got up to walk somewhere, I looked at the bottom of my feet and they were totally white with small patches of red. If I held my foot up for a bit, the reddness would come back. My feet weren't cold, numb or painful. Does this sound like Raynaud's?

Thanks
 06/14/2010 08:29 PM

Author Icon
DragonflyC

You might want to take some pictures of your feet when you are having this kind of attack and show them to a rheumatologist (the pictures are just in case you don't have purple feet during your visit). What you are describing could be Raynaud's--I know that it certainly affects my feet--but I'd have it checked out if your instincts are telling you that it might be something else.
 08/30/2010 06:07 PM

Author Icon
Gerty

I was only DXed with Raynaud's a few days ago I took photos of my hands and showed the dr I was telling about my purple,red,black,white feet. my toes are always numb but sometimes they get so numb and tingle I can hardly walk If I take my shoe and socks off the top and the bottom of my big toe is very very white and the bottom of some toes are as well as my soles when as the white starts to go away I can see purple then black and some red as well. also when I stand on the floor with no shoes on even carpet but hard floor more so the soles on my feet are white if I lift my foot up and leave it up I can see the white go away and go back to the colours I said before. I was telling my dr this and he was saying yes yes yes he told me no doubt that all these things are Raynaud's I have Raynaud's secondary Raynaud's Syndrome I got it from my lupus and prob my sjogren's as well. take photos of your feet and but take a few of them with the differnt colours not cold not cold things like that. I hope this helps

-------------------------
Lupus,Fibro,Sjogren's Raynaud's Syndrome,hip brustit,glaucoma,multiple drug allergies
 01/04/2011 09:39 PM

Author Icon
Amanda831

Lorgirl, sometimes from being in a sitting position too long, u actually "cut off" the circulation to your feet. You're bent at the hips and at the knees so blood flow slows...my feet will actually fall asleep if I sit too long. Dont know if this helps but is something to consider.
 01/13/2011 07:06 PM

Author Icon
Jalee85

I was just diagnosed with secondary reynauds however I have had purple feet legs and arms for years. Mine is mottled colored though. So I think the two are connnected

-------------------------
Jenny AKA Jalee
Statistics
58460 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 1201 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1201 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.