These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Nitric Oxide/L-Arginine
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/03/2010 11:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2010 11:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
landon

Has anyone tried Nitric Oxide/L-Argenine to treat Raynaud's?

I have started working out 4-5 times/week and have been researching nutrients to help with work-outs at GNC. I know there are a lot of products that are a waste of money and I want to avoid those.

There is a product taken by those lifting weights called Nitric Oxide (aka L-Arginine) which is supposed to relax the lining of the blood vessel walls and increase blood flow. The benefit to weight-lifters is an increase in "pump" which keeps the muscles bigger for a longer period of time after the workout is complete. My immediate thought is that this could help with Raynaud's symptoms. While most of these at GNC contain caffiene, you can buy a cheaper version without it. The catch is that you need to be on it for several weeks before seeing a noticable benefit.

Please let me know if anyone has had experience/benefit with it.
 10/06/2010 04:09 PM

Author Icon
Flyersfan

I came across the same thing and thought about taking it. Have you had any luck with it?
 10/08/2010 01:57 AM

Author Icon
vsgraham

I have read that arginine is great for the blood vessels and for Raynauds. I have started taking it , once a day since August. It has only been a little over two months and I still do not notice anything. But as with any supplements it might take a few months. I dont' think arginige can hurt and it might not be a cure but maybe help slow down the episodes. It can't hurt to try.
 12/03/2010 09:29 AM

Author Icon
ColdRay

I started Grapefruit seed extract in June 2010 and had no attacks from Air conditioning which I frequently had those attacks prior ( all 5 fingers white and frozen). I have been on a regimen of two drops per day/5 days per week. Now with that said it is now December and I have had two mild attacks (1 finger) at 30 degree weather. So this week I started L-arginine 500mg/3 times per day and I'll see if that helps as well.

-------------------------
If you follow the way of truth
others will find the trail
 04/15/2011 02:01 PM

Author Icon
BigTroy

Originally posted by: ColdRay

I started Grapefruit seed extract in June 2010 and had no attacks from Air conditioning which I frequently had those attacks prior ( all 5 fingers white and frozen). I have been on a regimen of two drops per day/5 days per week. Now with that said it is now December and I have had two mild attacks (1 finger) at 30 degree weather. So this week I started L-arginine 500mg/3 times per day and I'll see if that helps as well.

- Rob
 05/11/2011 11:38 AM

Author Icon
ColdRay

I do not know the brand of GSE I was using. As a matter of fact the health food store I was getting it from closed it's doors. So I did not pursue it any farther because the results I have had with L-arginine have been even better. I have been on the L-arginine since June 2010 now and I have no more pain when I do have attacks. I think the attacks will always be there, but at least there is no pulsing, hammering nerve pain anymore. I have been taking GNC- 1000mg-3 times a day since about November 2010.

06/15/2011 03:09 PM

Author Icon
ColdRay

L-arginine is till working for me, it doesn't stop the episodes but Air conditioning is rarely a problem anymore. I am still taking the 3 grams per day and no pain with attacks, fingers still turn white and numb from time to time...... but no pain when thawing out. If you can't afford the L-arginine then check out my post on 4 glove system. It may help you manage Raynauds for now.

06/16/2011 12:32 PM

Author Icon
stevie

My hands seem warmer at night, when I take 500 to 1000mg, but I don't notice a difference during the day.
 01/17/2012 03:20 PM

Author Icon
lammchops2003

I have been taking the nitric oxide (called NX6) from Complete Nutrition for a few months now and I love the results! I feel like its makes a big difference all day long when I take it in the morning. The cold Minnesota winter isnt nearly as bad with it.
 01/18/2012 08:48 AM

Author Icon
stevie

What dosage are you taking?
Statistics
58488 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 250 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 250 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.