These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: affect of raynauds during pregnancy
Topic Summary: risk
Created On: 11/14/2012 11:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2012 11:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dmoore4683

My daughter is 30 weeks pregnant, she has Raynauds of the nipple that appreared during pregnancy..she is taking Procardia and it is helping..her ob didn't know anything of Raynauds and now says the possibility of the baby being born premature..and low birth weight is a possibility..also does anyone know other affects it can have on the baby..Also we live in Nashville tn..are their any obgyns with experience in Raynaud pregnancies.

Thanks
 11/19/2012 08:26 PM

Author Icon
ob1

Hi, I have lots of information about Raynaud's of the nipple on this link
http://www.summerwarmth.co.nz/...information-c-13.html
Primary Raynaud's of the nipple just due to the cold is very common in pregnant and breastfeeding mums, with estrogen levels a particular suspect for pregnant mums. This sort of Raynaud's wouldn't have any impact on a baby, let alone when the baby was born or its birth weight. That your daughter's Dr is worried makes me wonder if s/he thinks it is secondary Raynaud's (ie an underlying condition for the Raynaud's), and the underlying condition is causing him concern? If he has no idea about Raynaud's, and you don't have any other symptoms that indicate another condition, then I'd just be assuming it is primary Raynaud's and follow the usual treatment (keep warm, learn all about it, and take care when breastfeeding to keep warm too). All the best :-)
 11/26/2012 02:34 AM

Author Icon
dmoore4683

She was tested by a Rhuematologist for everything underlying..all clear..but we did see online where it can cause low birth weight..but I understand that is only if there is an underlying problem..correct..she is really small ..thanks for your response.
Statistics
58566 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 1798 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1798 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.