Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Warm comfy shoes found
Topic Summary: Shoes
Created On: 05/17/2009 03:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/17/2009 03:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jacelder

Hi everyone:
Though summer is coming here in Illinois, it is still chilly and sometimes still cold, and now I know the pain of air conditioning on top of that (my Raynaud's just started in Dec 08 and has escalated to very painful levels).

I found some comfy warm shoes. Uggs are known for their boots but they make loafers (for women, I don't know about men, sorry!). While they are not the loveliest shoe (I used to be a shoe person), they are like wearing a warm slipper while looking pretty darn good. They get too warm in very warm weather but I am getting used to the idea of caring around a big bag with lots of stuff in it.

They are expensive: $115.00 per pair, and come in gray, black and tan. I bought the gray ones about 3 weeks ago, and they are beat up already because of my constant use of them. They stretch out too easily so I went and bought another pair. They come only in full sizes, so I bought a smaller size and have been slowly but surely stretching them out. Because I bought black, they are looking pretty good.

They have another women's style that is supposed to be like a "ballerina flat" but nope, they look like bedroom slippers. I tried them on twice and asked a couple of strangers plus my 21 year old niece. "Nope, she said."

Hope this is helpful. I bought them at Nordstrom's where I usually don't shop but couldn't not find them at cheaper places like DSW.I tried Zappos but they are the same price at Nordstrom's.

Take care.

Jacque E.
 06/01/2009 03:49 AM

Author Icon
Ryan106

I found Merrill clogs that have the same type of lining that the Uggs do. They have good support and are very comfy. They were also expensive (about $90) but I was lucky and found them when they had been marked down 40%. I keep hoping the Ugg boots will be marked down but it's not looking like that's happening.
 06/08/2009 10:45 AM

Author Icon
jacelder

Thanks for that. I have been looking for something to slip in and out off easily.

Jacque
 08/24/2009 07:12 AM

Author Icon
jacelder

Just got an LL Beans catalog and they have large selection of shoes that are lined with fleece for both men and women.
Jacque
 12/06/2009 11:11 PM

Author Icon
nikkilg25

Although I don't find UGGS to be the most attractive boot,I have to say they are one of the best investments i have ever made. They keep my feet so nice and warm that I have slept with them on a couple nights. lol. Overall, it helps my core temp stay up. Especially on those days when i can't seem to warm my hands and feet.
Statistics
67966 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 142 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 142 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2015 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.