These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Warm comfy shoes found
Topic Summary: Shoes
Created On: 05/17/2009 03:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/17/2009 03:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jacelder

Hi everyone:
Though summer is coming here in Illinois, it is still chilly and sometimes still cold, and now I know the pain of air conditioning on top of that (my Raynaud's just started in Dec 08 and has escalated to very painful levels).

I found some comfy warm shoes. Uggs are known for their boots but they make loafers (for women, I don't know about men, sorry!). While they are not the loveliest shoe (I used to be a shoe person), they are like wearing a warm slipper while looking pretty darn good. They get too warm in very warm weather but I am getting used to the idea of caring around a big bag with lots of stuff in it.

They are expensive: $115.00 per pair, and come in gray, black and tan. I bought the gray ones about 3 weeks ago, and they are beat up already because of my constant use of them. They stretch out too easily so I went and bought another pair. They come only in full sizes, so I bought a smaller size and have been slowly but surely stretching them out. Because I bought black, they are looking pretty good.

They have another women's style that is supposed to be like a "ballerina flat" but nope, they look like bedroom slippers. I tried them on twice and asked a couple of strangers plus my 21 year old niece. "Nope, she said."

Hope this is helpful. I bought them at Nordstrom's where I usually don't shop but couldn't not find them at cheaper places like DSW.I tried Zappos but they are the same price at Nordstrom's.

Take care.

Jacque E.
 06/01/2009 03:49 AM

Author Icon
Ryan106

I found Merrill clogs that have the same type of lining that the Uggs do. They have good support and are very comfy. They were also expensive (about $90) but I was lucky and found them when they had been marked down 40%. I keep hoping the Ugg boots will be marked down but it's not looking like that's happening.
 06/08/2009 10:45 AM

Author Icon
jacelder

Thanks for that. I have been looking for something to slip in and out off easily.

Jacque
 08/24/2009 07:12 AM

Author Icon
jacelder

Just got an LL Beans catalog and they have large selection of shoes that are lined with fleece for both men and women.
Jacque
 12/06/2009 11:11 PM

Author Icon
nikkilg25

Although I don't find UGGS to be the most attractive boot,I have to say they are one of the best investments i have ever made. They keep my feet so nice and warm that I have slept with them on a couple nights. lol. Overall, it helps my core temp stay up. Especially on those days when i can't seem to warm my hands and feet.
Statistics
58598 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 993 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 993 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.