These Forums have been Archived.

You cannot post new messages or reply to old ones here.

Please use our new forums located here
or click "Discuss" in the menu on our new site.

Raynaud's Association
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Raynauds of Soles of Feet?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/23/2010 06:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2010 06:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TamyLou

As many of you could tell in my previous post I'm searching for answers on whether I am experiencing Raynauds or not.
One of the problems is that my issue is much, much worse for my feet than my hands and it's much more of a problem with my soles than my toes.
The majority of pain and discomfort I have is in my soles and not my toes, although my toes do experience pain from time to time.
For those of you with Raynauds in your feet-is it your toes or your soles that are most affected?
The pain on my soles can be almost unbearable. Still no obvious color changes except for some deep red at times.
I do notice there are times when my soles/entire bottom of foot can look yellow (sometimes when very cold), but once again I compare to my husband and his soles can look yellow at times too. And there are times when my soles look yellow and they aren't cold...so this isn't quite helpful to me.
I have yet to experience any obvious white or purple/blue/black color that the many doctors I have been too keep telling me about. They continue to tell me that I will know the color change when I see it as it is very obvious.
So far just great pain/cold intolerance that is mainly in soles of feet.
I just saw my 3rd Primary Care Physician last week (total of 12 doctors so far in person and then a few opinions over the internet and by phone) and she is wondering if perhaps I suffered some sort of nerve injury (those 2 weeks of intense pain that felt like my nerves were being stripped) and is hoping that it will burn itself out in time. Sounds good to me, but right now I just don't know what to think.
Any input about your feet experiences would be most helpful.
 08/29/2010 09:15 PM

Author Icon
Gerty

hello TamyLou I was only DXs with Raynaud's on friday the 27th and I do have Raynaud's in my feet toes and hands and finger's. Ill tell you what my feet do a bit diff but a bit the same. Ive had very numb toes for quiet a few years but put it down to my lupus or fibromyalgia. Until this winter when my toes were so numb and cold I was getting in the shower when I lifted my foot up to wash the soles of my feet I noticed how white with yellow tinge they looked I thought goodness look at that I lifted my other foot and it was the same I looked down and seen the top of my big toe it was white white white really white I mean I seen both big toes tops and bottoms of my toes were this colour I let the warm water run on them but they just stayed cold and very numb I rubbed with my hands and the warm water as well after a while they did seem to get better but not by much. The other day I was out and as its the end of winter my toes got really numb and cold so numb It was very hard to walk felt really weird ive had this feeling before as well.
when I got home they were still feeling numb and very cold I took of my shoe's an socks and it was the same thing I had seen that day in the shower. but after the white goes they go purple,black,and deep red. my toes are very painful and sometimes when they are warm feel like they are burning. the soles of my feet however do not have pain at all they just go really white with a yellow tinge hope this has helped.All this is only new to me but this what I feel and see with mine but everybody is differnt we can all have the same thing (Raynaud's) but with diff symptoms.

-------------------------
Lupus,Fibro,Sjogren's Raynaud's Syndrome,hip brustit,glaucoma,multiple drug allergies
 09/22/2010 12:12 PM

Author Icon
TamyLou

Thank you Gerty!
Your information is very helpful.
My doctors (many of them too date), have yet to diagnose me with Raynauds, but I just cant imagine what else is causing all of this to happen.
It helps to have other people to discuss symptoms with.
You mentioned that your soles do not feel any pain? Boy do I envy you. My soles are my worst problem. My toes hurt once in a while, but it's always been my soles that gave me the greatest pain.
My hands are less affected right now but do give me pain problems now and again.
Thank you so much for responding!
 11/25/2010 08:07 PM

Author Icon
Sjogrens

I have had Raynaud's for many years but was not diagnosed until the beginning of this year.
After experiencing painful feet, mainly the soles, I asked my rheumy and she said that is part of Raynaud's and to not walk barefoot. I have not been able to be barefoot for quite sometime at least not walking across a bare floor. I had no idea it affected your feet that way but I looked it up and yup it does indeed have that as one of the symptoms. Oh joy! I'll look it up again if anyone requests it and post the link.

-------------------------
Sjogren's, Raynaud's, Celiac Disease, Migraines and Depression

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.

Edited: 11/25/2010 at 08:08 PM by Sjogrens
Statistics
61314 users are registered to the Raynaud's Association forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 7413 on 06/05/2013 at 11:35 PM.
There are currently 1093 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1093 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.