New to Raynaud's / New to Site

Home Forums Meet and Greet New to Raynaud's / New to Site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #5020

    Greetings from Northern IL.   My name is Dianne.  I had never experienced this before but I’m told by many it is Raynaud’s.  I have an appt next week with a Rheumatologist.. is this the best type of doctor to see or ?

    Looking forward to hearing from everyone and learning more about this fun challenge we all have.

    I have an auto immune disorder — anyone else find any connections with this ?




    Hi Dianne. Yes to both of your questions.

    Rheumatologists have more experience with Raynaud’s than other doctors, so it’s good that you have an appointment to see one.

    There are two types of Raynaud’s. Primary Raynaud’s is a stand-alone condition with no know cause. Secondary Raynaud’s can be caused by various things, including some medications, use of vibrating equipment (such as a jack-hammer), and certain autoimmune conditions (especially scleroderma, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis, but there are others as well).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.