At long last, we found a heated steering wheel cover that appears to have great potential for Raynaud’s sufferers.
We chose to give this product its own post, rather than include it with our other new product discoveries, because this is one product that has been in big demand for many years by the Raynaud’s community. In fact, “heated steering wheel cover” is one of the most popular keywords drawing traffic to our web site.
The product is sold by Hammacher Schlemmer. We know that this retailer does strict tests on the products they offer, plus all goods are sold with a lifetime warranty, so we feel good about suggesting Frosties give it a try even though we’ve not seen or tested the product directly.
Here are some important features:
- Heating element completely covers the wheel for all over heat
- Three heat settings ranging from 95° F and 110° F
- Provides heat for 35 minutes
- Battery pack tucks safely out of the way on the steering column while in use
- Recharges via a car’s own 12-volt adapter
- Rubber wheel cover provides a snug, firm grip
When we were working with manufacturers to help test products in this category, it appeared the prices would be $100 or higher, but this wheel cover from Hammacher Schlemmer is selling for $79.95. So if it truly delivers as promised, it sounds like a great value!
If any of you do try this product, please share your feedback – we’ve waited a long time for this one.