We’re a small organization with a big mission: A large majority of the over 15 million people estimated to be afflicted with Raynaud’s are unaware that their pain and discomfort have a medical explanation. The good news is we’re making progress in raising awareness and providing help to Raynaud’s sufferers. But there’s a long way to go before Raynaud’s becomes a household word!
Here’s a summary of our more recent initiatives:
- Raynaud’s Awareness Month – During October, Raynaud’s Awareness Month, our press release was posted at 150 media outlets representing a total potential audience of over 156 million readers. The release included links to several of our educational resources, including videos, photos, and infographics. The campaign included a photo displayed at Times Square!
- New Raynaud’s Quiz – We launched our first Raynaud’s Quiz to engage people in recognizing Raynaud’s symptoms and further promote the need to take Raynaud’s seriously. PR Newswire, our partner in the effort, labeled our results “astounding!” This is the first time their team has seen this number of respondents for a quiz. We’re now approaching 5,000 quiz participants! Results for the campaign have been so positive that PR Newswire is documenting its performance as one of their case histories.
- New Raynaud’s Awareness Graphic – Our new graphic symbol to promote Raynaud’s Awareness Month does a wonderful job of communicating not only Raynaud’s symptoms, but also our mission of bringing warmth and comfort to those living with Raynaud’s.
- Google Search Advertising – Google has a program offering qualified non-profit organizations up to $10,000 a month in free media exposure on their search pages. When someone searches for information related to Raynaud’s, our ad is shown at the top of the search page at no cost to us! Again, our results have been phenomenal! The Google Ad management team reported, “Your account has made our list of success accounts. Not just the amount of traffic we’ve been able to get to your site, but the amount of the grant we’ve been able to spend in just 30 days is huge.” These results tell us there’s a large unmet demand for information and resources about Raynaud’s, and gaining this increased visibility is helping us achieve our mission of awareness and support for the cause.
- Raynaud’s Guide – Our 35-page guide has generated nearly 20,000 page views. Digital copies were downloaded and shared over 800 times since Raynaud’s Awareness Month this fall, largely in response to the quiz. Hundreds of printed copies are distributed each year.
Building Raynaud’s Awareness is Our Biggest Challenge and Greatest Opportunity
If large numbers of sufferers seek treatment, the medical community will take more notice, resulting in the search for better treatment options, initiating more research dollars and prodding drug companies to find a cure.
To Succeed We Need Your Help
Your donation is crucial. Your funds will help us to expand our current grassroots awareness program into a force that reaches those who are yet undiagnosed and will help us give Raynaud’s the attention it warrants.
Please donate now. Click to make a donation via PayPal.
If you’re on a mobile device, Text SHIVERS to 64600 (our short code), or just click this link for secure mobile donations. To send a check, please make it out to:
11 Topstone Road
Redding, CT 06896
Your support can help enhance the lives of millions of sufferers by helping to make Raynaud’s a household word.